This is a page with links to materials on learning 64bit assembly language (x86_64), for Intel and AMD processors used in PCs.
- Intel Software Developer Manuals - These manuals describe the architecture and programming environment of the Intel 64 and IA-32 architectures.
- AMD Developer Guides, Manuals & ISA Documents - This list contains a selection of documents you may find useful, including developer guides, instruction set architecture documents and reference manuals to help with your programming needs.
- nasm documentation - a very well written set of docs for the popular compiler.
- System V ABI - official document for the System V ABI used on *nix systems.
Tutorials for beginners
- nasm tutorial by Ray Toal - basic instructions, operands, using C library, C calling conventions and interfacing with C programs, command line, floating point, SIMD instructions
- SSE Overview - an overview of SSE and SSE2 instructions with explanations and example usage in concrete situations.
Mostly OpenGL, which is frankly just interfacing asm with C OpenGL library through the ABI.
- asmGL - my set of NASM include files based on OpenGL C header files. They contain almost all of the
GL_defines and OpenGL library functions marked as
extern, so you won't have to define anything by yourself. Includes GLUT.